Grandma’s kitchen at the Old Mill
How about some authentic old-fashioned Swiss cuisine such as Hafechabis (cabbage and meat stew), potatoes in a sauce with meatballs or ragout with polenta?
Wash, grate, chop and … eat!
All ancient rooms on the premises can be used for cooking. Among them we find a smaller room with an actual kitchen, while in other rooms as well as in the barn cooking takes place on mobile gas stoves using huge pans.
Hafechabis: Chopped pieces of pork in gravy with cabbage and potatoes as a stew
Saucenkartoffeln mit Hacktätschli: Potatoes cooked in Béchamel sauce accompanied by meatballs
Voressen mit Polenta: A ragout made from chopped pork meat and vegetables in gravy with corn polenta
To complement these dishes a tempting pot of apple compote can be added. For dessert a buffet with homemade cakes is beckoning, tea and coffee included. There are also other menu options such as boiled beef soup with lots of vegetables and potatoes.
Stirring and scooping to the heart’s content with oversized cooking spoons - this brings out the real fun of team cooking! Weather permitting the courtyard is an ideal and wonderful place for cooking al fresco.
The beautiful estate radiates a nostalgic charm that invites you to stay and relax. Careful restoration efforts allowed for this site to be conserved in its stunning 14th century style. It’s still got a fully functioning mill.
None of your previous team events have been so deliciously different. Enjoy!
Prices [in Swiss Francs]
|up to 30 pers.||3950.00 flat rate|
|from 31 pers.||129.00 / pers.|
|from 110 pers.||Price on request|
DiscountAvailable in combination with the event ‘Swiss Traditions Workshop’
Our service includes
- Premises, including kitchen
- Mobile cooking units, including gas
- Cooking materials
- Prepared meal
- Salad bar
- Seating (tables and benches), tablecloths, disposable plates and cutlery
- Soft drinks, tea and coffee
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
Group size30-200 participants
Duration1-2 hours for the cooking efforts and 1-2 hours for the meal
- at the Old Mill from 15 March to 1 November
- on a farm available all year
LocationMühle-Areal in Stallikon
- Meat specialities on the side
- ‘Fens’ or ‘Ghium’ for tasting (seriously ancient puddings from the alpine valleys)
- Ceramic tableware and glasses
- Fabric tablecloths and napkins
- Prepare your own dessert: fruit salad, puddings etc.
- An additional adventure event and/or Entertainment
- English- or French-speaking guides